Dr. Joel Caballero García
- Specialist in Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery in the brain, spine, nose, orbit, skull base.
- Neurosurgeon of the National Institute of Oncology and Radiobiology, 2018 – 2021.
- Neurosurgeon at the Dr. Luis Díaz Soto Hospital, 2016 – 2018.
- Neurosurgeon in training for Endoscopic Endonasal Surgery of the Selar Region. Hospital Hermanos Ameijeiras, 2015 – 2016.
- Neurosurgery Resident Physician. Faculty «Hospital General Calixto García», 2010 – 2014.
- Deputy director of the hospital of the “José Martí” Military Technical Institute, 2010.
- Resident Physician of Comprehensive General Medicine. Faculty «Hospital Dr. Carlos J. Finlay», 2008 – 2010.
- Doctor in medicine. University of Medical Sciences of Havana, 2002 – 2008.
- Comprehensive General Medicine Specialty. University of Medical Sciences of Havana, 2008 – 2010.
- Specialty in Neurosurgery. University of Medical Sciences of Havana, 2010 – 2014.
- Diploma in Oncological Neurosurgery. National Institute of Oncology and Radiobiology of Cuba, 2014.
- Fellowship in Endoscopic Endonasal Surgery of the Sellar Region. Hospital Hermanos Ameijeiras. Certified by FLNC, 2015 – 2016.
- Caballero García J, Cruz García O, Morales Pérez I, Dizna Zamora L. Multimodal and individualized treatment for patients with brain metastases. Rev Chil Neuro-Psychiat 2014; 52 (4). Available in: http://www.scielo.cl/scielo.php?pid=S0717- 92272014000400003&script=sci_arttext
- Caballero García J, Cruz García O, Casanaella Saint Blacard O, Díaz Moreno RM. A Systematic Review of Multimodal Treatment for 1 to 4 Brain Metastases. World Journal of Oncology Research 2015; 2: 6-11. Available in: http://www.cosmosscholars.com/phms/index.php/wjor/article/view/361
- Caballero García J, Cruz García O, Casanaella Saint Blacard OA. Update of multimodal treatment for single brain metastasis. Qualitative systematic review. Rev Argent Neuroc 2015; 29(1): 58-64. Available in: http://aanc.org.ar/ranc/items/show/8
- Cruz García O, Caballero García J, Llantá Abreu M del C, Marinello Guerrero JJ, Casanella Saint-Blancard OA, Díaz Moreno RM. Controversies in the treatment of brain metastases: a multicenter survey. Rev Cubana Neurol Neurocir. 2015; 5(2):114–22. Available in: http://revneuro.sld.cu/index.php/neu/article/view/237
- International Congress of Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery: Pathological and Demographic Considerations of Intracranial Metastasis. Poster. Surgical Medical Research Center. Havana. 2011.
- NEUROCUBA 2013. V International Symposium on Hereditary Ataxias: Controversies in the management of Brain Metastases. Free Havana Hotel. Havana. 2013.
- NEUROCUBA 2013. 1st international meeting on the history of neurology and neurosurgery (NEUROHISTORIA). V International Symposium on Hereditary Ataxias: Repeated radiosurgery in recurrent brain metastases. Presentation of a case. Poster. Free Havana Hotel. Havana. 2013.
- Oncology Congress. Havana 2014. XI National Congress of Oncology. III International Meeting of Nuclear Medicine. I International Symposium on Skull Base Surgery. Results of the Treatment of patients with Encephalic Metastasis. Convention Palace.
- Comparative Multicenter Study of Multimodal Treatment of Single Cerebral Metastatic Disease.
- Comparative Multicenter Study of Multimodal Treatment of Multiple Cerebral Metastatic Disease.
- Controversies in the management of Cerebral Metastatic Disease. Results of a multicenter survey.
- Multimodal and individualized treatment for patients with Brain Metastasis. Thesis to opt for the Degree of First Degree Specialist in Neurosurgery.
- Course of Minimal Invasion in Neurosurgery and Otorhinolaryngology. Havana. May 24 to 26, 2010 (24 hours).
- WFNS Educational course in Cuba. World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies. Havana. May 23-24, 2011 (16 hours).
- International pre-congress course on Neurology and Neurosurgery. NEUROCUBA 2013. Radiosurgery Course Havana. April 22-23 (8 hours).
- Diploma in Oncological Neurosurgery. National Institute of Oncology and Radiobiology. 12 weeks. January 10-April 14, 2014 (720 hours). Performing radiosurgery with Dr. Orlando Cruz García, for 4 consecutive years.
- XVII Column Course. Cira Garcia International Clinic. 2018.
- Caballero García J. Encephalic metastasis. Multimodal and individualized treatment. Spanish Academic Editorial 2015. ISBN: 978-3-639-73260-3.
- “Ramirez Corría” Award 2017.
- Outstanding researcher ANIR 3 stars. August, 2015.
- Distinction by the National ANIR for the contribution in the innovative activity in the country "October 8 Condition". November 2015.
- Vanguard Mario Muñoz Monroy 2008 – 2021.
- Recognition for the work performed during the outbreaks of influenza and hemorrhagic conjunctivitis. September 22, 2009.
- 2 medals for Distinguished Service. 2010, 2013.
- Recognition for the contribution to the educational teaching process.
- Recognition for meritorious work as a teacher. Dr. Luis Diaz Soto Hospital.
- Best Poster Award. National Symposium on Cranioencephalic Traumatism. 2012.
- Surgery of complex tumors of the cranial base and perinasal sinuse
- Neuroendoscopy, endonasal endoscopic surgery, key hole type minimally invasive surgery and “Neuroedoport” type surgery for ventricular and paraventricular tumors.
- Conventional and minimally invasive surgery 360 degrees of orbital tumors.
- Minimally invasive surgery for spinal tumors.
- Stereotaxic surgery.
Years of experience
Medical consultations provided
Dr. Joel Caballero García